If you’re looking for an exciting career opportunity, working with a fast-growing company that runs on-going digital and social campaigns for some of today’s top brands (ESPN, Disney, Infiniti, & Dave Matthews Band - just to name a few), then Monkedia is the place for you. At Monkedia we believe people are the greatest part of our business, so we are excited to be hiring for the position of Full-Stack Developer.
To keep things simple, we are looking for someone with a passion for building advanced web applications and software. This position would responsible for developing our advanced in-house software that we leverage to take our stance as one of the industries most forward-thinking companies. Talented developers will currently work a lot with HTML, CSS, APIs, Databases, jQuery, JS, and any server-side language (like PHP or Ruby) - loving any of these a bit too much is a great thing. At Monkedia, we like people who are well rounded, whether its back end or front end, its always good to have a rounded set of skills so you can chip in and help others when needed. The individual best suited for this position is one with a high attention to detail, a mind for algorithms and creative software application, and a great amount of personal drive. If you want to be a part of accomplishing things never accomplished before on the internet - this is the place for you and this role, in particular, is key in our efforts to do so as the more developed our internal software is the better we can serve all of our clients.
At Monkedia, we care less about your badges of honor and more about who you are and what you’ve accomplished. We are a positive opportunity employer (equal is mundane) and give opportunities less on the school you graduated from and more on what you’ve done as a well-rounded human-being. So, if you want to join a fast-growing, creative company with passionate, driven, people, be sure to send us YOU, not just your accolades. And, if you’re paying attention, be sure to include your favorite company or celebrity you follow on social media in your cover letter!
- Software development experience in PHP.
- Knowledge of the MVC structure.
- 3+ years experience with Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP (LAMP) architecture.
- Good knowledge of relational databases with ability to design and write raw MySQL queries.
- Experience with third-party APIs (Facebook, Google, Twitter, Amazon AWS, etc).
- Ability to work individually and with managers and creative teams while involved with the system development life cycle.
- Experience with cross-browser compatibility and cross-platform testing.
- Competent image manipulation skills with Adobe Photoshop.
- Deep understanding of web standards and best practices.
- Experience with Redshift/BigData
- CLI (command line interface) experience
- Comfortable using basic commands in a Linux environment
- VIM experience
- Accessing and using MySQL through a CLI
Help Drive the Future of Social Media
Monkedia leads the way in business-based social media by helping brands rethink their approach to social advertising and management --helping them grow their business and achieve maximum ROI.
Take Ownership of Your Work
One of our core values at Monkedia is ownership. Employees at every level are empowered to own their work from start to finish, helping us be as effective as possible and make a measurable impact on the business.